Flex time is a period of instructional time built into the ACSS daily schedule that empowers students by giving them some measure of choice and control over their own learning. During flex time, students are expected to be in a class, working on school work, either individually or in groups, meeting with teachers for support on classwork, or working on projects, under teacher supervision, that they are passionate about.
Expectations for students during flex time
- It is understood that the first week of Flex Time will be FlexLearning time and this will occur at regular intervals as deemed necessary by ACSS staff and admin.
- Attendance is taken in each FLEX space
- Flex time is Class Time/Instructional Time – Students must be in a classroom or learning space.
- Students should plan ahead at determine which learning space they will be attending for FLEX Time and what they will be accomplishing during that time. Some rooms do not permit ‘drop in’ students for FLEX.
- Students must arrive to their FLEX class by the start of the bell and remain in the class for the full period.
- No bathroom breaks, locker visits, or changing rooms.
- If a student arrives at a learning space that is already full, they must move on to another learning space.
- During the FLEX block, the library will only be open to grade 11 and 12 students.
- Students may be required to stay with a period 1 teacher to complete overdue work/tests at the teacher’s discretion (FlexVeto).
- Students must be working on school work (either group or individual), special interest projects (under the supervision of a teacher), or silent reading during the flex block time.
Google Translate is provided as a free tool to enhance the usability of the Langley School District website. As such, the Langley School District is not responsible for Google Translate™.